Industrial Area with a long History
The business park in the south of Hilden has a long history. On the historic industrial site once the well-known "Boy"-collapsible umbrella was produced. Elements of the ancient architecture are preserved. This creates a work atmosphere that pleasantly distinguishes itself from other, often acting sterile industrial parks.
History of W. Bauermann & Söhne GbR
1904 Founding; establishment of an umbrella parts factory
1952 Division into manufacturing company and real estate company; operation as umbrella parts, pipe and bicycle parts factory until the end of the 1970s
1980 Lease of the real estate (until 1990)
1990 Redesign of the former industrial company into a business park: expansion to 42,000 square meters of area and development of more than 23,000 square meters of office and business area
1997 Founding of the “Kunstraum Gewerbepark-Süd“ (art room of the Business Park South)
1999 Erection of the Hildener Gründungszentrum (“HGZ“ / Business Incubator Hilden) in the frame of a ”public-private-partnership“ with the city of Hilden (has been extended until 2023)
2013 Construction of an elevator and a glass-walled staircase tower with access to the Kunstraum (art room)
The company continues to be family-owned.
Managing partners: Karlernst Braun and Hans-Jürgen Braun.
Fifty companies with about 200 employees have already settled in the Gewerbepark-Süd (Business Park South).